Thursday, October 25, 2012


When I was back in Israel last November, I took this picture of the old city of Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives. You can see the old city wall as well as the Temple Mount where the Dome of the Rock is currently located. As I thought about the history that had happened here, Abraham attempting to offer Isaac as a sacrifice; Jesus being rejected, crucified and raised from the dead, the Holy Spirit reminded me that although there were foundational, historical events that had happened here, the best was yet to come! This would be the place that Messiah would return to and make His Capitol for His millennial reign on earth. At that moment, as a believer in Messiah, I knew why that I felt at home here! I love Israel, because as one who has been grafted into the natural vine of Israel through faith in Messiah, I too am part of Abraham's offspring! Consequently, I am an Hebraic Christian. My roots are not pagan but are Jewish. Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment