Monday, March 23, 2020

The Gift of Gifts from "The Valley of Vision"

“What shall I render to thee for the gift of gifts, thine own dear Son, BEGOTTEN AND NOT CREATED, my Redeemer, proxy, surety, substitute,; His self-emptying incomprehensible, His infinity of love beyond the heart’s grasp. Herein is wonder of wonders: He came below to raise me above, was born like me that I might become like Him. Herein is love; when I cannot rise to Him He draws near on wings of grace, to raise me to Himself. Herein is power; when Deity and humanity were infinitely apart He united them in indissoluble unity, the uncreated and the created. Herein is wisdom; when I was undone, with no will to return to Him, and no intellect to devise recovery, He came, God-incarnate, to save me to the uttermost, as man to die my death, to shed satisfying blood on my behalf, to work out a perfect righteousness for me. O God, take me in spirit to the watchful shepherds, and enlarge my mind; let me hear good tidings of great joy, and hearing believe, rejoice, praise, adore, my conscience bathed in an ocean of repose, my eyes uplifted to a reconciled Father; place me with ox, ass, camel, goat, to look with them upon my Redeemers face, and in Him account myself delivered from sin; let me with Simeon clasp the new born child to my heart, embrace Him with unyielding faith, exulting that He is mine and I am His. In Him thou hast given me so much that Heaven can give no more.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment