Tuesday, January 26, 2016

KILLING THE GIANT OF OVERGENERALIZAITION

1. To overgeneralize means to go beyond what are appropriate or justified limits. You see a single negative event as a never ending pattern of defeat.
This giant desires to keep you in bondage and from receiving what is yours by trying to convince you that the “bad” thing that happened to you once will happen over and over again. You conclude that it will always be this {negative} way and there is nothing you can do about it. If you believe this lie, and that is what it is—a lie, then this giant will keep you enslaved and keep you from having restored to you what is rightfully yours. If you were rejected once, you will be rejected again and again.  This distorted or wrong thinking actually sets you up for rejection—you are expecting it to happen! It can and does become a self-fulfilling prophecy. You are a “rejection” just waiting to happen.
If a person is rejected and holds onto this rejection, it can color their whole world in an upsetting and negative way. You see yourself as someone who is less than others. Although this is not true, it is nevertheless real if that is how you think.
When you overgeneralize, you basically take a single negative event and allow it to define you. It shouldn’t, but it does because this is how you think. And as we said above, this kind of thinking can keep you in bondage and rob you of what belongs to you in God.
2. So the question is this: how do we defeat this giant of overgeneralization?
(1). First, lift up the shield of faith and block this deceptive and distorted thinking that comes from the devil. God’s will for your life is victory and not defeat! So break out of this pattern of defeat and step into the blessing and favor of God. The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy, BUT Jesus has come that you might have life and have it more abundantly! It is time for you to be done with the wrong kind of thinking! So block every lie of the devil with the shield of faith. Don’t receive the devil’s lies any longer. Instead, receive God’s plan of victory for your life. It will make this journey of life a whole lot more pleasant and enjoyable.
(2). Secondly, let’s take the head off of this giant with the Sword of the Spirit which is the  Word of God.
a. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you a hope in your final outcome.
b. Romans 8:28 We are assured and know that {God being a partner in their labor} all things work together and are {fitting into a plan} for good to and for those who love God are called according to His design and purpose.
c. Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to all this? If God is for us, who then can be against us? Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?
d. Ps 23: The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
e. Hebrews 13:5 “. . . God himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give up nor leave you without support. I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake you or let you down or relax my hold on you. Assuredly not.”
The only person’s approval that you need is Father God’s! If someone rejects you, be truthful and honest with God and with yourself. And if you need to change something, then change it. But it not, then don’t worry about the person who rejected you. Simply love them, and move forward with your life.
Be aggressive against this giant who would love to hold you down and hold you back. Like David, run toward him and say, your time is up. You will go down and not me. And through the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, I will kill you and cut off your head!
I declare that God’s will for my life is blessing and not defeat! From this moment forward I will look for the goodness of God and not defeat. The old pattern of being held in bondage to always looking for something bad to happen is over! It is Jubilee, my year of abundance, and I am believing God to be released and set free from ALL than binds, and having restored to me ALL that is mine!







                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment